Thursday, October 2, 2008

Moving Madnes...

I haven't posted in a while. We have moved to another house in our hometown. We moved maybe two miles away but we did it without packing anything. It was one of those moves where you put things in boxes as you go through rooms. What a mess! We are in the new place and trying to get it organized. It is really nice. I would post pictures if I had them. I'll try to do that at a later date.

I want to share how much God has done our my lives recently. Life has been somewhat of a struggle lately but you know, with God, all things are possible. We have been living in the unknown - my husband being unemployed, me about to be, not knowing where we were going to move to. Those kinds of things can become quite stressful. Sometimes you wonder if God has forgotten you or if he just doesn't want to help out at the time. It isn't either of those things, it is that the situation hasn't worked out for exactly what He has planned for your family and it must work to His glory. If we pray to God for help, he will come through - in HIS own time. I had a good friend give me reference to a passage in Isaiah the other day. I was really struggling with needing answers and it really spoke to me so I'd like to share it.

Isaiah 45:5-7 v 5. "I am the LORD and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me, v6. so that from the rising of the sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides me. I am the LORD and there is no other. v. 7 I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things."

Isn't that powerful? It is amazing to me. It just shows me how powerful and in control God truly is in our lives. May we always be open to His plan in His time.

Things are still a bit crazy for us but we will make it through. God is our Rock and Savior. To him be praise and glory forever!




I took this picture from the backyard of our house we just moved from. Look at the rays of the sun...just gorgeous. I see God all in this picture.



No comments: