Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Just a quick post to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving. We will be leaving tomorrow to travel to the St. Louis area. Please say a prayer for our safety. I am sure the interestates will be full of people.

This will be my first Thanksgiving away from my family here in my hometown. While I am happy to be with my husband's family, I am going to miss lunch at my aunt's house. It is my favorite "large" family gathering of the entire year. We always eat, then play cards or spoons, watch football, and at the end of the day the ladies gather around to look at all of the next day's shopping ads.

For the last couple of years I have always gone shopping with my mom the day after Thanksgiving. We usually get up at 4 am and are at the stores by 5 am. I know most of you probably think that is crazy but we have SO much fun doing it. We get a quick breakfast in the car and then eat lunch together and call it a day by noon. Then it is nap time. This year I am probably going to take advantage of sleeping in and watching football. If I haven't mentioned it, I LOVE FOOTBALL!! I hope the Hogs win on Friday...doubt it but who knows???

I know that my husband's family is very excited that we are coming. We don't get to be with Rick's sister very often so it will be a great time!

I better get to Wal-Mart to get some things before we leave. Love to you all and I am so thankful for each one of you! May God's blessings pour out on each of your families, friends and especially those who have no one to share this Thanksgiving with.

2 comments:

Pam said...

Have a safe and wonderful time! See you next week. Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!
Pam

Papa Doc said...

I hope you get to go again this year. love ya!