Friday, November 21, 2008

Thankful

Hello to you all! It has been a while since I have posted. I have been so busy it seems. If I look back, I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly what has kept me so busy...maybe work, kids, church, etc. I will tell you that I am blessed to have a full life. I am excited about the holidays coming. For those of you who don't know, I work for my church. We have just finished decorating it this week and it is SO beautiful! I know it isn't even Thanksgiving yet but you have to find time to decorate and early is the best way to handle it. I think both holidays wrap into one...aren't we thankful that Jesus came into this world???

I am feeling blessed to celebrate all of the things I am thankful for. Most of all I am thankful for the Lord Jesus Christ. Without Him, nothing is possible in this life. To just have a relationship with Him is all that I need in this world. Anything else that I receive is just icing on the cake. I am blessed with a wonderful Godly husband who I am very proud to call mine. My children are precious...you know it's funny how God makes each one of them different. One thing I can say about mine is that they are both uniquely different but are both such very good kids, compassionate and sweet! I have the greatest parents in the world. They are SO unselfish and loving. I have a wonderful brother and sister, a great family and friends. I am so thankful for all of the people God has placed in my life. If it is for a season that is great, then I am blessed for that time.

Times are very hard for almost everyone these days. I pray God's blessings upon you and that you will pray for a "thankful" heart. May the Lord open your mind and heart to help someone this holiday season. I don't know if you listen to KLRC but they have been having "Pay It Forward" for the month of November. When you go through the drive thru next time...pick up the person behind you's order. If you can't give money or buy someone something, donate your time, give a hug, pray for them. That is truly what Jesus would want us to do.

May God bless you this weekend and begin to prepare your heart for time with family, friends, and loved ones!

3 comments:

Rick said...

Kim,

I am truly thankful for your latest post it spoke staight to me. We have had a hard couple of years and with me being laid off and not having the money we once had for us to come and go as we pleased we are truly blessed. Not only with the blessings of our children but our marriage is now stronger than it has ever been. for that I am truly thankful. I guess I am most thanful for Jesus coming in to my life and changing me and i now have all the faith it will take to see my family through. Love you babe.

Your husbund

Pam said...

Ahhhhhhhh! Rick is so sweet! It was great seeing you today! I did the pay it forward at McD's and it felt great, something I think I will continue to do from time to time! Have a great weekend.
Pam

Our Desire said...

Kim,

What a great post. I have been way too busy lately and have meant to contact you this week. I so appreciate your friendship of 20 years now. Wow - we really are getting old. :) You are a sweet, godly woman and a good example to those around you. I love you and pray you and yours have a great Thanksgiving time together next week!

Love, Amy

p.s. Rick, I am proud of what God is doing in your life and your family too. God is truly restoring all that Satan stole and then some. Your message was precious!